Lap & Recreational Swim
LAP SWIM consists of moving up and down the lane while horizontal in the water. Training devices used may include hand paddles, kick boards, and pull buoys. A majority of the swimming is continuous. Up to 3 people may share a lane. Please check with other swimmers when entering a lane.
REC SWIM consists of moving up and down the lane in a vertical or head-up position or remaining stationary. Training devices used may include noodles, kickboards, float belts, barbells, or weights. This is the time when activities such as water aerobics, water jogging, or any stationary exercise should be practiced. If more than one person is present at a rec swim, there should not be swimmers attempting laps.
Swim Tests are offered. Please contact Dana Frost for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Swim Caps are Mandatory!
- Showers must be taken prior to entering the pool.
- Bathing suits and bathing caps are required. No cut-offs or street clothes are allowed in the pool.
- No swimming without a lifeguard on duty.
- No running on the pool deck.
- No diving.
- No tandem jumps, spins, turns, back jumps, back dives, or flips of any kind. Check with the lifeguard before jumping.
- Bubbles are for swimmers only.
- Swim caps are required.
- Hair should be pulled up if shoulder length or longer.
- No band-aids or bandages may be worn in the pool.
- No profanity or ill-tempered behavior towards other members or YMCA staff will be tolerated.
- No glass containers.
- No food.
- No shoes on desk.
- Please follow the pool schedule!
- The pool is closed to Lap Swimming and Recreational Swimming during scheduled swimming lessons.
- Pool accommodates up to 20 swimmers.
- Children 6 or under must be accompanied by an adult.
- Children under 13 must be accompanied in the facility by an adult.
- No diapers may be worn in the pool unless they are especially for the water.