- Program Time:
- Saturday, April 21st from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Program Cost:
- Contact Info:
- Wade Oliver at email@example.com
Join us in April for Healthy Kids Day®, an annual YMCA national initiative to improve the health and well-being of kids!
- Obstacle Course (Gymnasium): 10:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Zumba For Kids: (Dance Studio; 2 Sessions): 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. & 12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Punk Rope Jump Rope Class (Gymnasium): 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Yoga For Kids: (Yoga Studio; 2 Sessions): 12:30 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. & 1:00 – 1:30 p.m.
- Hip Hop Dance Basics with Chad (After School Room; 2 Sessions): 1:00 & 1:30
- Face painting
- Bead jewelry making station
- Cooking and food activities
- Goody bags for all participants!
- Prizes and giveaways, including 2 Boston Red Sox tickets with VIP warning track access for pre-game batting practice
POOL ACTIVITIES & SCHEDULE
Open swim in shallow end of pool. Non-swimmers and children under the age of 6 must have an adult in the water. Toys, bubbles, and lifejackets will be available.
Ring buoy challenge
Learn to throw a ring buoy, and then land it in the target as many times as you are old to win!
Learn bystander water rescue skills, from outside the water! Open to ages 3+. No swimsuit required.
Free swim with dry adult
Open swim in shallow end of pool for ages 3-12. Swimmers must be in prior swim lessons or independent in the water. Instructors will be in the water to structure play time.
Boat Safety and life jackets
Practice wearing and swimming in a life jacket, learn to enter and exit a small boat, and practice capsizing and getting back into the boat! Ages 3-12.
10:00 – 10:30 Free swim with parent attached and ring buoy toss challenge in deep end
10:30 – 10:45 Reaching assists – learn and try it
10:45 – 11:15 Free swim with no parent attached and ring buoy toss challenge in deep end
11:15 – 11:30 Reaching assists – learn and try it
11:30 – 12:00 Boat safety and life jackets for kids (yes, we will practice capsizing a boat)
12:00 – 12:30 Free swim with parent attached and ring buoy toss challenge in deep end
12:30 – 12:45 Reaching assists
12:45 – 1:15 Free swim, no adult attached and ring buoy challenge
1:15 – 1:30 Reaching assists, learn and try it
1:30 – 2:00 Boat safety and life jackets for kids (Yes, we will practice capsizing a boat!)